The North Brooklyn Boat Club (NBBC) is seeking a part-time Environmental Education Coordinator to oversee educational programming throughout the summer and fall season of 2017. NBBC offers marine-based education to visiting school groups, community organizations and the general public through land-based activities at our headquarters in Greenpoint and on-water canoe tours. We are seeking a motivated self-starter to conduct outreach, handle administrative duties, maintain our educational space and run on-land programming. The Coordinator will report to the Board of Directors and also help coordinate our dedicated volunteers in running educational programming.
Outreach to existing and new educational, community and corporate partners in scheduling and offering environmental education programming at the North Brooklyn Boat Club’s boatyard. Tasks include outreach and scheduling, coordination with volunteers and running marine based education programming using established NBBC lessons plans and activities.
Work Schedule & Compensation
- 15 hours per week, May 1 through October 31
- Availability to work on weekends is a high priority; scheduling is flexible
- Possibility of additional hours depending on funding availability
- $20 per hour
- Highly motivated and self-driven with ability to work well with others
- A natural communicator with experience in community outreach and engagement
- Experience working with groups of all ages in educational setting
- Background in marine or earth sciences is a plus
- Must be comfortable in small boats, willing to learn basic paddle skills. Canoe experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Greenpoint/Williamsburg neighborhoods is a plus
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Resume should include 2 or 3 references. Position will remain open until filled.
The North Brooklyn Boat Club is a 501c(3) non-profit organization located in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. NBBC is dedicated to enabling and advocating for human-powered boating on the waterways bordering Greenpoint/Williamsburg Brooklyn. The organization enables local citizens to be effective stewards of the ecology and so preserve the recreation and freedom that the waterways engender. Since 2012, NBBC has safely taken thousands of people out onto local waterways and run environmental educational programming for dozens of schools and educational groups. More info on NBBC Environmental Education here.