The North Brooklyn Boat Club (NBBC) is a non-profit volunteer-run community organization. Our mission is to promote human-powered boating on and the environmental restoration of the waterways around Greenpoint and Williamsburg, Brooklyn. NBBC strongly depends on member support through annual dues and volunteer participation.
(Note: renewing members should create a new user registration to renew their membership.)
The benefits of becoming a North Brooklyn Boat Club member are many, including:
- More chances to paddle with trained NBBC trip leaders! (See our calendar)
- Learning paddling, navigation and safety skills to assist trip leaders and help get more people involved and on the water.
- The opportunity to complete our Official NBBC Paddler process which permits use of club vessels and equipment outside of organized paddles.
- Voting on NBBC elections and decisions.
- Involvement and investment in NBBC’s work to advocate and facilitate water access, human-powered boating and environmental restoration of the waterways of North Brooklyn.
2013 Membership dues are $40. Dues are assessed on an annual basis and cover the period from May 1st to that date the following year. Membership status will be reviewed annually before the start of a new dues year. It is important that members continue to abide by NBBC safety protocols and the code of conduct. Additionally, membership structures, requirements and processes will be reviewed annually to ensure they fit the growing club.
Questions about membership? Please email our Membership Chair at NBBCmembership@gmail.com.