To support an enjoyable and safe experience for all, members, volunteers, and participants in the Boat Club’s programs are expected to follow the Club’s Code of Conduct:
Respect for Participants
- Show courtesy, respect and cooperation for all participants at meetings, events, and boathouse activities, as well as outside activities where you may be representing yourself as a member of the Boat Club
- Differences of opinion and lively debate are encouraged; however, personal attacks of any kind will not be tolerated
- Refrain from discriminatory or harassing behavior including that based on a person’s cultural heritage, race, religion, gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, or other personal attribute
- Sexual harassment or unwanted advances of any kind will not be tolerated
- The Club’s written and agreed upon safety protocols, as periodically updated, will be followed at all times
- Members are expected to attend all trips they register for. Any member who realizes it will be impossible to attend a paddle is expected to contact the trip leader, even at the last minute, to cancel.
- Members who do not show up for trips and do not let the trip leader know risk losing sign-up privileges.
Respect for Property
- Follow boathouse guidelines for the use of all shared equipment
- Ensure all shared and private property is secured at all times
- Do not cause or allow theft or vandalism to individual or boathouse property