Our Calendar shows both our member and public events. We are a community-based boating organization, and public events are a crucial part of our mission. These are funded by membership dues, and becoming a member is the best way to find adventure, mystery, and history on the waters of New York City. Members can opt in to receive e-mail announcements of canoe and kayak trips and workshops, classes, and other NBBC events.
For the 2020 season, our member and public programming has been significantly reduced and restricted by new protocols adopted in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please note the changes as they affect our usual launch sites :
- TEMPORARILY CLOSED Barge: At Milton St. and the East River. Kayak and canoe member programming
- Original Boatyard at 51 Ash St. We have two containers here with canoes and kayaks and safety gear. Also, the Alcyon a rowing gig. Please check new protocols for pandemic paddling.
- Manhattan Avenue Street End Park: Canoe and public programming
- Dutch Kills: Canoe programming
- Anable Basin: Kayak and canoe programming in association with Long Island City Community Boathouse
Check each event for the location!
If you are on a mobile device, you will have an easier time seeing and signing up for events if you visit the calendar page directly. Tap here. Try using the “List View” if you still have trouble on your mobile device.
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software