The North Brooklyn Boat Club is a nonprofit, volunteer-run community organization. Our mission is to promote human-powered boating on and the environmental restoration of the waterways around Greenpoint, Williamsburg, and the rest of North Brooklyn. NBBC strongly depends on member support through annual dues and volunteer participation.
The benefits of becoming a North Brooklyn Boat Club member are many, including:
- More chances to paddle with trained NBBC trip leaders! (See our calendar and sign up for our newsletter)
- Learning paddling, navigation, and safety skills to assist trip leaders and help get more people involved and on the water
- The opportunity to complete our Official Paddler process, which permits use of club vessels and equipment outside of organized paddles
- Access to our cabin at ACA Camp Lake Sebago on a beautiful lake in Harriman State Park. (NOTE: You must also join the ACA to use Camp Lake Sebago)
- Attending the annual NBBC meeting
- Involvement and investment in NBBC’s work to advocate and facilitate water access, human-powered boating, and environmental restoration of the waterways of North Brooklyn
Membership dues are $50. If you are a student or experiencing financial hardship: $25. We keep our dues low in the hopes to include as many people as we can as NBBC members. If you can donate above the dues level, that helps a lot and thank you. Dues are assessed on an annual basis based on the date each member joins, and the paddling season, depending on the weather (historically this has been from mid-May to late October). It is important that members abide by NBBC safety protocols and the code of conduct. Membership structures, requirements, and processes are reviewed annually with input from our members to ensure they fit the growing organization.
We do not offer family memberships. Children are allowed on any NBBC member trip only if accompanied by a guardian and only with the previous explicit consent of the trip leader. Whether a child can come on any member trip is completely at the discretion of the trip leader.
Our public paddles are child-friendly and a great way to bring kids out on the water.
How to Join
Use the online payment form below.
All online payments are processed through WildApricot’s Affinipay system (WildApricot is the company that hosts our calendar and membership databases). You’ll need to provide a credit card to complete online payment.
To use the online payment form, please set your browser to accept third-party cookies or click here to directly access the Membership form. If you use AdBlock or another ad-blocking extension in your browser, please disable it on this page in order to continue.
NBBC is a community organization and welcomes all members of that community as boat club members. If you want to join but for any reason have difficulty with membership dues, please e-mail us.
You can also pay for membership offline by check or cash. First, complete the online membership form if possible. If you would rather fill out by hand and mail or bring to the club, you can download the (form-fillable) PDF by clicking here.
Make check out to North Brooklyn Boat Club, and mail to North Brooklyn Boat Club, 131 Calyer St., Brooklyn, NY 11222. Include “for membership” in the memo area.
Cash payments are also accepted at the boatyard during club events: 51 Ash St., Brooklyn, NY.
Please e-mail North Brooklyn Boat Club with any questions.
If you’re on a mobile device, tap here to go directly to the membership page, a more mobile-friendly location
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software