Memberships to the North Brooklyn Boat Club are the perfect way to tell the committed, caring, and adventurous people in your life that you get them! NBBC is a community-based, mission-driven organization dedicated to enabling and advocating for access to the waterways of New York City for city residents, especially in North Brooklyn and Long Island City. All of our events; member trips by canoe, kayak, and rowboat; and environmental-education activities are run by our member-volunteers and funded mainly by membership dues. So belonging gives more than access to a new way to see the city — it actively helps the club’s mission of access and stewardship for all New Yorkers.
And moreover, it’s super fun!
The benefits of becoming a North Brooklyn Boat Club member are many:
- More chances to paddle with trained NBBC trip leaders! (See our calendar and sign up for our newsletter)
- Learning paddling, navigation, and safety skills to assist trip leaders and help get more people involved and on the water
- The opportunity to complete our Official Paddler process, which permits use of club vessels and equipment outside of organized paddles
- Access to our cabin at ACA Camp Lake Sebago on a beautiful lake in Harriman State Park. (NOTE: You must also join the ACA to use Camp Lake Sebago)
- Attending the annual NBBC meeting
- Involvement and investment in NBBC’s work to advocate and facilitate water access, human-powered boating, and environmental restoration of the waterways of North Brooklyn
The 2018 Membership dues are still just $40. That’s less than two weeks of a Metrocard because we want to include as many people as we can as NBBC members.
But how do you give such a wonderful gift?!
Just use our online membership form. Fill out as much information as you can on behalf of your giftees: name, address, DOB, contact number, especially. To heighten the holiday mystery of it all, you can use YOUR e-mail address so that your giftees won’t know a thing until you tell them. NBBC is also making a special holiday e-mail announcement to send to all new members who join between December 16 and January 1. And you can also print out a customized membership card and present that as an indication that you know the people in your life who are most committed to adventure, fun, advocacy, stewardship, and all the good things in life!
After all, the life we save may be our own!